Confrontations comprise the foundation of accountability and when it is handled poorly it can lead to failed promises, missed expectations, lack of accountability, and bad behavior. This online program will help you effectively manage confrontation and make rapid and substantial improvements in individual, team, and organizational results. You will learn a straightforward step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps, strengthening accountability, eliminating inconsistency and reducing resentment.
This program is offered by the OSU Department of Management and the OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development.
By the end of the online program, you will be able to:
- Hold anyone accountable – no matter the person’s power, position, or temperament.
- Master performance discussions – get positive results and maintain good relations along the way.
- Motivate without using power – clearly and concisely explain specific, natural consequences and permanently resolve problems.
- Enable without taking over – creatively help others avoid excuses, stay on track, and resolve performance barriers.
- Move to action – agree on a plan, follow up and engage in good reporting practices, and manage new expectations.